Well hello, and thanks for stopping by!!
The title of this blog “Scarred for Beauty” was named with a purpose in mind. That purpose is you! For you to be strengthened, healed, and pushed – to understand that there’s purpose beyond the scars you’ve endured.
But first……..let’s get some Clarity on the word scarred.
No it’s not Scared like the word terrified, but it’s rather Scarred, which means to be wounded. To have a scar on one’s body, means to have physically endured something, which causes a permanent mark on the body – that shall never go away. In most cases the scar is healed or covered up by excess skin.
Here are a few definitions of the word scar (pronounced skar), from thefreedictionary.com/scar
1. A mark left on the skin after a surface injury or wound has healed.
2. A lingering sign of damage or injury, either mental or physical: nightmares, anxiety, and other enduring scars of wartime experiences.
3. Botany A mark indicating a former attachment, as of a leaf to a stem.
4. A mark, such as a dent, resulting from use or contact.
v. scarred, scar·ring, scars
1.To leave lasting signs of damage on
My other favorite meanings are:
1. A protruding isolated rock.
2. A bare rocky place on a mountainside or other steep slope.
So many women (and men) have gone through enough storms, to take the average person out….but not you!! This blog is dedicated to women; who have SCARS that no one, knows about. SCARS that are hidden behind the smile. SCARS that are embedded in the mind. SCARS that no one knows about – but God! This blog is for you! It matters that you are here. What you have endured….it matters. All the SCARS that you have endured from times past, whether physical, mental, emotional, sexual, or social did not win. You won….because you’re still here. Today is the beginning of the best days ahead of you.
Read, comment, release the hurt, and show your SCARS proudly. You matter, you’re here and you’re SCARRED for BEAUTY!!!